Tuesday, February 15, 2011

For What It's Worth - The 2011 Bonnaroo lineup

Bonnaroo has announced its acts for 2011. If a magic carpet came and took me to the event (which, sadly, is probably the only way I would get there), then here are the top acts I would want to see
Maybe it's my nostalgia talking but the number one band that I would want to see is
Buffalo Springfield. Sure, it wouldn't be like seeing them on the Sunset Strip in 1966 but then that wasn't a possibility anyway.
Here are a "mere" 26 more acts that I would love to see on stage.
Arcade Fire,
The Black Keys
Robert Plant & Band of Joy
Mumford & Sons
The Decemberists
Iron & Wine
Dr. John and The Original Meters
Gregg Allman
Old Crow Medicine Show
Alison Krauss & Union Station
Bootsy Collins & the Funk University
The Del McCoury Band and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Mavis Staples
Loretta Lynn
Wanda Jackson
Abigail Washburn
Freelance Whales
Florence + the Machine
Justin Townes Earle
Ryan Bingham
Hayes Carll
(it would be interesting to see these guys sharing the stage)
The Low Anthem
Jessica Lea Mayfield
Karen Elson
Sharon Van Etten
(and for some reason, it seemed interesting to me if these three also shared the stage)
Phosphorescent

No comments: